Holistic Skincare Mentoring at Jamele
We offer wellness strategies + professional skincare to transform skin. Private consultation | $120
At Jamele Skincare in Tauranga, we are here to provide mentoring, solutions and support for women who want to transform their skin.
Perhaps that’s you?
You might be struggling with acne, rosacea, eczema or peri-oral dermatitis,
Your skin may be dehydrated, sensitive, tight, red or congested.
These skin conditions can be painful and they can also chip away at your confidence; changing the way you face the world. Of course, you are more than your skin; but you still have to live in it.
At Jamele Skincare, we take a holistic approach to transforming skin, drawing on the best that nature and science have to offer.
My name is Shelley Foster and I am the owner and senior therapist here at Jamele Skincare. We take a Slow Beauty approach to transforming skin. We’ve been doing it for the last 30 years and we know that it works – that is, if you are prepared to work at it.
Your skin is a reflection of your life.
Your skin tells the story of what is going on for you, internally and externally.
As our friends at Bestow Beauty say, “What you put on your skin is only half the story.”
That’s why, when you come in for a Holistic Skincare Consultation at Jamele Skincare, we won’t just ask you about what skin products you are currently using. We want to hear about your diet, your work environment, your home life, whether you lift weights at the gym or do Saturday morning yoga. We’re keen to understand what causes stress in your life and how you cope with that.
By listening to you and your skin carefully, we can identify the things that are stopping you from having the clear, soft, beautiful skin you hope for.
We then support you with professional skincare products and rituals, skin-specific nutritional advice and resources, and lifestyle recommendations.
We can partner with you on your journey of skin transformation.
There’s a few things we don’t do.
> We don’t do quick fixes.
> We don’t do harsh chemicals.
> We don’t do peels or microdermabrasion.
> We don’t prescribe medication.
We do slow beauty; bringing about changes from within and without so that we are working in harmony with your biology.
And, we work with people who are willing to make changes.
If your skin is a reflection of your life, then to change your skin you have to change your life.
Don’t be daunted by that.
Change can be beautiful. Change can be inspiring.
We’d love to partner with you on that journey.
Your Holistic Skin Consultation
A Holistic Skin Consultation at Jamele lasts for one hour and costs $120. You’ll meet with an experienced holistic skincare therapist who can mentor you on your way to beautiful skin.
Before coming in for your Holistic Skincare Consultation, you will fill out our comprehensive Holistic Skincare Consultation Online Form.
This covers things such as:
- Your daily skincare regime (sleeping with make-up on?)
- What skincare products you are using. (Foaming cleansers make many skin conditions worse)
- What kind of exercise you do (Doing lots of gym weights can increase testosterone and exacerbate acne)
- Your stress levels and emotional wellbeing.
- Your typical weekday diet (Avoiding heating and congesting foods can be a game changer for acne and rosacea)
- How your skin is affecting your emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Your typical weekend diet (total honesty required!)
- Your work environment
- Your home and family life
- Your medical history
- Your skin history
When you come to see us, your skin coach will have reviewed your online form and identified any areas that give clues as to what is going on with your skin.
What will happen in your one-hour holistic consultation?
- An experienced Jamele skincare therapist who works with a holistic approach will welcome you.
- You’ll have a skin scan so we can see exactly what is going on with your skin as a cellular level.
- Together, we’ll go through your online consultation form, discussing key areas that your therapist has highlighted.
- You’l be able to ask questions and share your concerns.
- We will recommend skincare products from one of our for professional skincare ranges, suited to your skin needs and budget.
- We will give you a homecare prescription and skincare regime so you know exactly what you need to do at home.
- We will discuss how your diet is affecting your skin and provide education and information about what foods you should avoid and embrace for your particular skin needs.
- We will discuss your exercise regime and lifestyle and how it may be affecting your skin.
- We will recommend skin specific supplements, which are beneficial for healing your skin.
- We will recommend any optional salon facial treatments, which could accelerate your progress.
- You will leave with recommendations from us, but no pressure to purchase products. You are in charge.
- By the same token, if you are motivated and keen to get started, you can leave with everything you need to start making changes immediately.
Ready to begin your skin journey?
How to Book
Step 1 Complete our Holistic Skincare Consultation Online Form (takes about 50 mins).
Step 2 Once you have completed the questionnaire we will be in touch to arrange a suitable appointment time.
Step 3 Come in for your consultation at Jamele Skincare at 487 Cameron Road, Tauranga.
Step 4 Leave with a plan, products and resources. We really look forward to taking your skin to the next level this year!
These Are a Few of Our Favourite Things
Our Skincare Product Ranges
Bestow Skin Specific Superfood Blends
In 2009, Bestow Founder, Janine Tait, combined her two super-powers as a dermo-nutritionist and skin-health expert to develop the Bestow product range and holistic skincare philosophy. Bestow offers a beautiful range of organic super-food blends, recipes and rituals to nourish skin from within. Bestow Beauty Oil is standard issue for all of our skincare regimes.
Bestow Skin-Friendly Recipe Books
We stock the five Bestow skin-friendly recipe books, which are an inspiring resource for making positive changes for your diet and skin. They are all gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and avoid all heating and congesting foods. All the hard work is done for you and the recipes are tasty, nutritious and easy to make.
Visit Jamele Skincare | 487 Cameron Road
Jamele is a much-loved, full service skincare centre at 497 Cameron Road in Tauranga offering facials, skincare, massage, waxing and all the grooming essentials you expect from a quality skincare clinic.
Jamele has passed from mother to daughter and our philosophy encompasses the ageless truths of skin care wisdom combined with the latest technological and scientific developments in skin care. Our approach is thoughtfully holistic. We believe that our skin reflects our lives so we are passionate about helping you to cultivate beautiful skin from the inside out.
Skin-nourishing nutrition, top quality supplements, self-care and life-vitality choices are all weaved into the fabric of who we are at Jamele. Our Tauranga facial and body treatments and skin care products are of the highest quality and it’s our pleasure to take care of you when you come to see us.
~ Shelley Foster & Pat Foster