What a sobering few weeks it has been watching the global COVID-19 pandemic unfold.
No man or woman is an island, as the saying goes. This virus reminds me how connected we all are. It’s so important that we care for one another by taking appropriate measures to keep ourselves healthy and to prevent the spread of the illness.
How We Are Caring For You
You can rest assured that we have always had rigorous hygiene standards at Jamele Skincare and we are taking extra precautions now.
We follow the strict cleanliness protocols outlined by the New Zealand Association of Registered Beauty Therapists. Surfaces and equipment are disinfected regularly throughout the day. Each instrument used in facial and grooming treatments are sterilized using medical-grade disinfectant after each use.
Fresh towels are provided for each new client and disposable covers and gloves are used for waxing treatments. During this period of coronavirus containment we require each person who enters the clinic to use the hand sanitiser provided.
How You Can Care For Us (and Each Other)
You can care for our community by rescheduling your skincare appointment if you are feeling unwell. Just call us on 578 7610 and we will find you another appointment to keep your skin goals on track.
If you are self-isolating, the Jamele Online Shop is a great way to stock up on Janesce Skincare and Bestow health-boosting skin nutrition products from the safety of your own home.
The economic fallout is an important secondary concern and has the potential to impact many people’s livelihoods. Let us exercise wisdom and caution but continue to support the family businesses that serve our local community. We all need each other at this time.
Covid-19 Prevention – how to protect yourself and others
This information is taken from the New Zealand Ministry of Health website. Please visit this site to keep yourself informed with reliable, up-to-date information:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
We will continue to look after you and your skin with the same level of excellence and care as always.
Let’s all care for one another during this challenging time, so that we look back on this chapter as a time that strengthened the bonds of family, friends and community.
Shelley Foster & The Jamele Team